expectations in relationship



I had a long day and I was taking a power nap... Suddenly some thoughts came into my mind and i was listening... why do even the most strong relationship sometimes gets stuck..
I knew holy spirit was teaching me something. There was a beautiful loving family and it was the birthday of the woman, the amazing and powerful creation of God. She had done a lot for the family. All in love and working hard and so she highly expected a surprise from the family on her birthday. But the family wished her with loads of love on her birthday and guess what there are no surprises.
She was upset and she started questioning God about this. It was hard for her to accept the fact that the family did this to her.

She decided to spend some time with God to get the answers. She started complaining to God that she did love the family a lot but in turn they did not even think of a surprise for her. God asked her "So do you think the family loves you or not"?. She was so sure that the family does love her but no surprise.

So it was her expectation that the family should share the love towards her as a surprise.

It was her definition of love and that turned in to expectation within the relationship.

God said to her to rethink the definition of love and asked her to think about God defined love.

Think of God's way. When we have our own definition and expect to happen in the same way it will upset ourselves most of the times.

Read 1 corinthians chapter 13

Perfect Love
8Love never stops loving. It extends beyond the gift of prophecy, which eventually fades away. It is more enduring than tongues, which will one day fall silent. Love remains long after words of knowledge are forgotten. 9Our present knowledge and our prophecies are but partial, 10but when love’s perfection arrives, the partial will fade away. 11When I was a child, I spoke about childish matters, for I saw things like a child and reasoned like a child. But the day came when I matured, and I set aside my childish ways.
12For now we see but a faint reflection of riddles and mysteries as though reflected in a mirror, but one day we will see face-to-face. My understanding is incomplete now, but one day I will understand everything, just as everything about me has been fully understood. 13Until then, there are three things that remain: faith, hope, and love—yet love surpasses them all. So above all else, let love be the beautiful prize for which you run.

https://www.bible.com/bible/1849/1CO.13.TPT

Comments